Hello fellow gardeners! It’s been a while! After a wonderful ten day vacation spent with family on the lake in Tennessee, I came home to TONS of goodies in the garden! My green peppers are flourishing!! Look at these beauties! I’ve been craving a philly cheese steak sandwich but I’ve been anti bread for a while now, only eating it for a cheat meal here or there. So I wanted to create a recipe to fulfill my craving without the crabs! Here it is my friends and quite delicious if I do say so myself!
6-8 green peppers
2-4 jalapeño peppers (optional)
1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 cloves of chopped garlic
2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce
2 large white onions sliced
Fresh mozzarella or provolone cheese
1 lb stir fry steak cut into stripes
Yields: 6 servings
1. Start by washing, cutting the tops of your peppers and removing the seeds. Set them aside.
2. In a sauté pan add olive oil, sliced onion, chopped jalapeños, steak, worcheshire sauce and parsley. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until the onions are translucent. Stirring occasionally.
TIP: Your meat should be slightly under cooked. It will continue cooking in the oven and you don’t want it to be overcooked and dry.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stuff a slice of cheese into the bottom of the peppers then add the meat mixture making sure the mixture is about 1/2- 1″ above the top of the peppers and place into a casserole dish.
4. Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Then remove from oven and uncover. Place a slice of cheese on the top of each pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
5. Place back in the oven for 5-7 minutes uncovered, allowing the cheese to melt. Serve hot.
This recipe is a simple and tasty way to use those green peppers from the garden. I love growing peppers in the garden! They are a really no fuss crop and yield high amounts of fruit! I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Grow it. Pick it. Cook it. Eat it.
2 thoughts on “Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Garden Peppers”
Yum my family was eating something like this after I had my son it was quick easy and delicious 🙂
Looks Great!!!! Love the pictures.