It’s been awhile since I have taking the time to create and photograph in kitchen! I have been so busy sowing seeds, adding more SF boxes to the garden and transplanting my seedlings. It was a nice change to get back in the kitchen.
These muffins were a hit in my house the past two days! My boys devoured them! I took one taste test bite and didn’t get another! My waistline thanks them! ☺️
I was inspired by the vivid orange poppies blooming in the garden! I mean look at these beautiful flowers! The color is unreal and so beautiful against the green foliage!
Orange is a nice addition to these muffins and they are so moist they melt in your mouth. The poppy seeds add a nice little crunch. These would be delicious for breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea!
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of sugar
2 sticks of softened butter
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tbsp of orange juice
1 tbsp of orange zest
2 tbsp of poppy seeds
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tbsp of vinegar
1 cup of milk
Ingredients for Glaze
1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1 tsp of orange juice
1 tbsp of milk
Yields: 24 muffins or 48 mini muffins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixer cream together butter and sugar. Then add vanilla, eggs and orange juice.
2. In a measuring cup add milk, vinegar and baking soda. Stir making sure baking soda is dissolved. Add poppy seeds and orange zest and combined.
3. Add flour to mixture and turn on low speed. Now slowly incorporate milk mixture.
4. Grease muffin tin or line with liners and fill 3/4 of the way full with batter.
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Tip: Use a toothpick to make sure your muffins are cooked all the way through. Stick a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean they are done!
6. In a bowl mix powdered sugar, orange juice and milk and combined.
7. Make sure muffins are cooled then dip the top of each muffin in the glaze and allow to set for 5-10 minutes.
Grow it. Pick it. Cook it. Eat it.