I have a delicious recipe that I couldn’t wait to share with y’all! Not only is it healthy, tasty, and pretty but it is super quick and simple to make! Only 8 ingredients!
1 spaghetti squash
fresh chives and blossoms
1 small bag shrimp
1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
1 bundle asparagus
3 tbsp olive oil
2 small cloves of garlic
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut spaghetti squash in half, length wise and scrap out membrane and seeds. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil on each half. Salt and pepper to taste. Place on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until squash is tender. You should be able to slide a fork in with ease.
2. Clean and remove shell from shrimp and set a side. Break the woody bottoms off the asparagus and discard. Chop the asparagus into thirds and set a side. Peel and mince garlic and set a side.
3. Chop off the chive blossoms, wash and spin in a salad spinner. Then chop the greens of the chives and set aside.
TIP: My chive blossoms are pictured whole but if you want too you can pull them into smaller pieces.
4. In a saute pan add 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and asparagus and cook for about 3 minutes then add in the shrimp. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until shrimp is fully cooked. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Remove spaghetti squash from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. With a fork scrap into the squash and it will start to pull up the “spaghetti noodle” like squash.
6. Top with shrimp and asparagus. Then sprinkle on your goat cheese crumbles, chives and chive blossoms.
Yields: 2 servings
This recipe is wholesome and simple! Perfect if you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner to whip up! The creamy goat cheese and chive blossoms are a perfect duo! With only 8 ingredients you can have this meal on the table in about 35 minutes!
Grow it. Pick it. Cook it. Eat it.